If you grew up in the South, you probably remember this wonderful treat from tea rooms such as Rich’s in Atlanta, Miss Daisy’s in Nashville, and Stewart’s in Louisville.
It is truly magical!
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ¾ ounce) can sliced peaches, well drained
- ½ cup maraschino cherry halves, well drained
- 1 (30 ounce) can of fruit cocktail, well drained
- 1 (6 ½ ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup whipping cream, whipped
- A few drops of red food coloring (to tint the salad pink!)
Put cream cheese in mixer. Add confectioners’ sugar and blend in honey and mayonnaise. Add vanilla extract. Fold in fruit and marshmallows. Whip cream and gently fold into fruit mixture. Add food coloring, if desired. Ladle into large paper muffin liners. Freeze immediately. Defrost 15 minutes before serving. Do not allow to get soft. Remove muffin liners before serving.