I’m thinking we should give it one!!
And, given London’s plethora of urban beekeepers, I think it should be something bee-related. Maybe “The Big Hive” or, even better, “The Queen City.” That one does double duty!!
Just some suggestions..
I’m thrilled to have arrived in London on the day of the Summer Solstice. I didn’t plan it that way, but it was a nice bit of synchronicity. The sun even cooperated, making the afternoon very pleasant!!
Here is an original cocktail recipe to celebrate!
The Summer Solstice
½ yellow nectarine
1 lemon wedge
1 tangerine wedge
4 mint leaves
½ oz peach liqueur
1 oz. cognac
½ oz honey
Muddle the nectarine, lemon, and tangerine at the bottom of your shaker. Add ice, liqueur, honey, cognac and mint (slap the mint first), then shake. Pour into an old-fashioned glass filled with crushed ice.
Tomorrow morning will find me at Fortnum’s, touring the bee hives! I will report on my visit promptly!!
- Summer Solstice Sunrise in Portugal (philipcarrgomm.wordpress.com)
- The Summer Solstice arrives tomorrow! But what is it? (fox41blogs.typepad.com)
- Summer Solstice: 8 Sunny Ways to Celebrate (livescience.com)
- Spiritual Significance of the Summer Solstice (aquariuschannelings.com)
- Thousands mark summer solstice (independent.co.uk)