- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups water
- 4 pounds raw corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6-ounces beer
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup whole grain mustard
- Rinse your brisket and pat dry. Place the onion, brisket and seasoning packet in a slow cooker or dutch oven, add your beer and cover with water.
- Cook the brisket for 8 hours on low. Just before you’re ready to eat, heat the broiler to high heat. Trim off any fat on the exterior of brisket. Carefully remove the brisket from the pot and place it in a baking dish.
- Mix together the honey and mustard and pour directly over the top of the brisket, coating evenly. Broil for 5-7 minutes or until the glaze begins to brown and caramelize. Slice and serve.