This is a delicious take on traditional pecan pie. If you want something even more decadent, try adding some chocolate chips!
- 1 cup honey
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 deep-dish pie crust, unbaked
- Boil the honey. (It will boil quickly, so watch carefully)
- Quickly add eggs and mix well. (For the experienced cooks out there – yes, this sounds odd, but it does work.)
- Add everything else and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell. (You can sprinkle walnut halves on top at this point, if you wish.)
- Bake at 325 degree oven for 30-45 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Serve warm, topped with ice cream.