Now that you have learned good honey cupcake technique, try it out on these babies! I love Whoppers, and these cupcakes are almost as good. 🙂
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 1 cup malted milk balls, such as Whoppers, finely chopped
- 12 whole malted milk balls
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Place paper liners in 12 wells of one 12-cup cupcake tin.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl to aerate and combine; set aside.
3. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter until creamy, at least 2 minutes. Add honey gradually, beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl once or twice. (You will have beaten the honey and butter for at least five minutes total!)
Beat in vanilla extract. Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down after each addition, allowing each egg to be absorbed before continuing. Add the flour mixture in 4 additions, alternately with the milk. Begin and end with the flour mixture, and beat briefly until smooth on low-medium speed after each addition.
4. Thoroughly stir malt powder and 1/2 cup chopped malted milk balls into the cupcake batter. Divide batter evenly among paper liners. Bake for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center shows a few moist crumbs. Cool pans on racks for 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes to cooling racks to cool completely.
For the frosting:
2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup malted milk powder
10 tablespoons milk
For garnish: Whopper candies
For the frosting: In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using an electric hand mixer), beat the butter, vanilla, and salt at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
1. In a separate bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and malted milk powder.
2. In three separate turns and on low speed, alternate adding the powdered sugar mixture with the milk to the butter mixture, mixing until smooth and creamy, at least five minutes. Pipe as desired onto the cupcakes.
- How To Make The Perfect Honey Cupcake (romancingthebee.com)
- Honey Black Raspberry Cupcakes With Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (romancingthebee.com)
- Honey Banana Cupcakes With Honey Cinnamon Frosting (romancingthebee.com)
- Honey Apple Cupcakes With Honey Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting (romancingthebee.com)
- Honey Butternut Squash Cupcakes With White Chocolate Frosting (romancingthebee.com)