Another opportunity to practice your cupcake technique!
Makes 12-14 cupcakes.
1 green tea bag
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Zest and juice (1/4 cup) of one lemon
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour boiling water over tea bag and steep for 3 minutes. Remove tea bag and allow tea to cool.
Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a liquid measure, combine green tea, lemon zest and juice, and buttermilk; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Add honey; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time. Add half of the reserved dry ingredients to the butter mixture; mix on low until just combined. With mixer running on low, slowly add the lemon tea mixture. Add remaining dry ingredients until just combined. Fill paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove to wire rack; cool completely before frosting.
FOR THE FROSTING
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 pound (about 2 cups) confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
Beat the butter on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in half of the sugar until combined. Stir in the vanilla and honey. Beat in the remaining sugar. Add the heavy cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest, whisk on high for 6 minutes.
- Honey Black Raspberry Cupcakes With Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (romancingthebee.com)
- How To Make The Perfect Honey Cupcake (romancingthebee.com)
- Honey Malted Milk Ball Cupcakes With Chocolate Malted Frosting (romancingthebee.com)
- Honey Apple Cupcakes With Honey Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting (romancingthebee.com)
- Honey Banana Cupcakes With Honey Cinnamon Frosting (romancingthebee.com)