Have you ever noticed how many mixed drinks contain cranberry juice? Why is that, I wondered?
The answer was easy to find. Cranberry juice is unique in that it can can be paired with a variety of flavors and will nearly always taste great.
In many mixed drinks cranberry juice is used to finish off a drink or to give it that “something special”. Cranberry juice’s sweet and tart flavor pairs well with practically any type of alcohol including vodka, gin, bourbon, rum and tequila. It even enhances the flavor of Champagne!
Honey Cranberry Champagne Cocktail
- 1-ounce cranberry juice (sweetened)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 wedge lime
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- Cranberries (frozen)
In a chilled Champagne flute add cranberry juice, honey and a squeeze of lime. Stir gently until honey is blended in. Top off the glass with Champagne. Garnish with 3 or 4 cranberries.
Honey Cranberry Slush
1 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate
1/2 cup honey
juice of 1 lemon
1 (12 ounce) can chilled lemon-lime soda
1 cup bourbon
In a medium bowl, stir together the cranberry juice concentrate, honey, lemon juice, lemon-lime soda and bourbon. Cover and freeze overnight. It will remain slushy because of the bourbon. Scoop spoonfuls into small glasses to serve as a cocktail.
Recipe makes 6 servings
- Samhain And The Bees (romancingthebee.com)
- Cranberry Week (romancingthebee.com)
- Sparkling Cranberry Mojito (whattheflicka.com)
- Cranberry Week – Honey Cranberry Fudge Pie (romancingthebee.com)
- Cranberry Week – Honey Cranberry White Chocolate Cupcakes (romancingthebee.com)
- Honey Cranberry Mold (romancingthebee.com)
- Cranberry Week – Honey Cranberry Bread Pudding With Honey Bourbon Spiced Cream (romancingthebee.com)