Day 5 and things are going great! I’ve lost about two pounds and I haven’t felt hungry or deprived. Honey doesn’t push my “eating button” like refined sugar does!
The handy thing is that I can use today’s cooking in tomorrow’s fare. In this case it will be Warm Duck Salad. I’ll use my leftovers, but tomorrow’s recipe assumes you will be cooking duck especially for the salad.
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 5-lb. duckling
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp orange juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 375F. Truss duckling and place on a rack over a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Combine honey, orange juice and olive oil. Set aside.
Remove duckling from oven and brush evenly with honey-orange mixture. Pour any that’s left over into the body cavity. Return the duckling to the oven for 15 minutes or until the skin turns a rich golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with steamed non-starchy vegetables.
- The Romancing The Bee Diet – Day 4 – Broiled Scallops With Wine Sauce (romancingthebee.com)
- The Romancing The Bee Diet – Honey-Glazed Roasted Pears (romancingthebee.com)
- The Romancing The Bee Diet – Day Two – Grilled Tuna Salad With Avocado and Honey (romancingthebee.com)
- The Romancing The Bee Diet – Honey, Garlic And Rosemary Chicken (romancingthebee.com)
- The Romancing The Bee Diet – The Essentials (romancingthebee.com)