Celebrating the arrival of Spring!!
Yield: 1 cocktail
3 ripe strawberries, hulled and sliced
6 leaves of mint
1 ounce white rum
1/2 ounce honey and 1/2 ounce water, mixed until honey dissolves
2 ounces prosecco
Add the strawberries and mint to a rocks glass. Smash the strawberries and mint gently with a muddler until the berries are a pulp and the mint smells strong. Add the rum and honey mixture to the glass and give it a stir. Fill 3/4 full with ice. Top off with the prosecco. Garnish with a sprig of mint!
cocktails, Cooking, Cooking With Honey, Food, Herbs, Honey, Recipes, Rum, Strawberries
Beautiful Beekeeping, Business, Cocktail, Cook, Cooking, Cooking With Honey, Cottage gardening, Equinox, Honey, Honey recipe, Mint, Northern Hemisphere, Prosecco, Recipes, Recreation, Romancing the Bee, Rum, Shopping, Strawberries, Sun
It’s a beautiful weekend in Southwestern Ohio for fall color. One last explosion of glory before we slog into winter.
Photograph courtesy of Amy Marrero Doyle
Photograph courtesy of Mary Frederick Marrero
Dahlias, English Gardening, Flowers, Gardening, Gardens, Magnolia, Roses
Autumn leaf color, Color, Cottage garden, Cottage gardening, Ecotourism, English Garden, English Gardening, Fall Foliage, Flower, Flowers, Garden, Gardening, Gardens, Home and Garden, Ohio, Perennial plant, Recreation, Specialty Travel, Travel
Back when US postage stamps cost 37 cents, the Post Office issued the most awesome stamps ever. Bat Stamps!
I bought reams of them! I used them on all my mail and I gave them as gifts.
The gift recipients were always a bit taken aback…
Nothing made me happier than a bat stamp.
But I’ll let you judge for yourself….
Perhaps beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I’m still bummed that I can’t buy bat stamps anymore. They always made my day…
Portrait of Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I’m dreadfully behind on my British beekeeping-related posts, but I swear I’m working on them! In the meantime, I thought I’d share a few things I learned in London yesterday…
1. Unless you are the actual
Duke of Wellington, you can’t get a drink in the Ritz Bar wearing wellies. And carrying a bee suit in a bag. Jeans are okay though.
2. The Maitre’ D at the Ritz is a lovely man. He gave me a warm invitation to return, provided I lose the wellies and the bee suit.
3. If, by sheer obtuseness, you fail to pay the full bus fare, the bus driver does not stop the bus and throw you off. He probably figures you are mentally deficient.
4. If you go into the local Off Track Betting Shop, they happily give you bus change. You don’t even have to bet on anything. They seem to find it very amusing.
5. I speak a dialect of the English language that is very difficult for most people to understand. Especially when I’m asking for directions.
6. Jet lag is real. Very real. Somehow I thought I could will it into submission. Nope!! I’m fine today though.